Monday, April 19, 2010

SMART as Hell

Writing SMART goals is like sex: there's a lot more talk than there is action.


I googled "SMART goals" today and found:

Results 1 - 10 of about 6,270,000 for SMART goals. (0.10 seconds)

Wow... they must be kidding...

Over 6 million hits for SMART goals? Surely, we know everything we need to know about SMART goals and are already good at it, right?

Ummm... no. We're not. I'll be proving it to you.

SMART as Hell is aimed at closing this gap through a simple premise - making goals and objectives SMART as Hell.
Each week, I'll:
  1. Take a new, real goal or objective
  2. Assess it against the SMART criteria
  3. Make it better

The internet is full of publicly published goals and objectives, so I've no shortage of material. If, however, you'd like me to work on one of yours, just send it to me.


0 comments: